ESPAÑOLA, N.M. (KRQE) – The trial for Malcolm Torres, the man accused of murdering his five-year-old stepdaughter has been delayed again. Torres is charged with the murder of Renezmae Calzada whose body was found in 2019 in the Rio Grande outside of Española.
- Attorneys seek another delay in Malcolm Torres trial
- Española artists come together to paint mural of Renezmae Calzada
- Judge postpones trial of stepfather accused in 5-year-old girl’s death
- Prosecutors, defense request delay in Renezmae Calzada murder suspect’s trial
- 911 calls released in Renezmae Calzada disappearance, death case
The case is moving through federal court and has already been delayed several times with both the prosecution and defense asking for more time to gather evidence. A tentative trial date was set for Monday, Dec. 13 but that has been postponed again.
The newest court filing shows there’s a target date of December 17 to set a trial date.