ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A troubled Albuquerque teen has pleaded guilty to federal gun charges.
Adrian Nieto, 19, was arrested earlier this year after he ran from police and carried a loaded gun onto the Lavaland Elementary School campus. Nieto ran through the main school building, towards the playground and portables all while school was in session.
Monday, Nieto pleaded guilty in federal court to unlawful possession of a firearm in a school zone, he faces up to five years in prison when he’s sentenced. Nieto is no stranger to police, they say he’s been in trouble since he was 12-years-old.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve