SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – On Thursday, Santa Fe police arrested Efren Sifuentes-Gallegos, 18, in connection to the shooting death of 18-year-old Andres Griego-Alvarado. Sifuentes-Gallegos is charged with an open count of murder and tampering with evidence.
Story continues below
- Trending: Family of man accused in Muslim murders speaks out
- Albuquerque: Over 200 stranded overnight on top of tram after storm cuts power
- New Mexico: Report estimates New Mexico has 2nd highest food insecurity for youth
- Crime: Suspect arrested in murders of Albuquerque Muslim men
- KRQE En Español: Martes 9 de Agosto 2022
Police say the shooting happened in a vehicle outside of a smoke shop on the 4300 block of Airport Road. After the shooting, Sifuentes-Gallegos dropped off Griego-Alvarado at the Christus Saint Vincent Urgent Care.
The gun and the vehicle where the shooting took place have been seized by police. After being arrested, Sifuentes-Gallegos was taken to the Santa Fe County Adult Detention Center. The shooting remains under investigation.