ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and her mother in their Nob Hill home has been formally indicted on two counts of first-degree murder.
Investigators say 20-year-old Jesus Cartagena stabbed Shanta and Laura Hanish to death last month after taking his breakup with Shanta badly.
Right now, Cartagena is behind bars, but he’s set to undergo a mental evaluation before the court decides whether he stays there until trial.
- Double murder suspect’s mental health under evaluation
- Double murder suspect in MDC, where father is supervisor
- Father of murder victim emotional during suspect’s court appearance
- Principal expresses shock over death, arrest of former students
- Ex-boyfriend arrested for murders of Albuquerque daughter, mother