ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The man awaiting trial for his role in the death of ten-year-old Victoria Martens could be headed back to jail. Fabian Gonzales is charged with child abuse resulting in death and tampering with evidence after investigators say he put Victoria in a dangerous situation and tried to cover up her murder. Victoria was, of course, the daughter of Gonzales’ then-girlfriend Michelle Martens.
Now court documents show Fabian is dating another woman with kids and he was known to be alone with them for a short time earlier this month that violates the conditions of his release. On top of that, Gonzales had to move out of his home after a dispute with the landlord also cited as a violation in a pretrial services report. A judge will reconsider the terms of his release at a hearing later this month.
Meanwhile, Gonzales’ attorneys are asking for his restrictions to be relaxed. They argue he has generally complied with the rules and should be allowed off his GPS monitor.
- Judge’s ruling to release suspect in Victoria Martens case sparks outrage
- Man charged for his role in death of Victoria Martens to be released from jail
- Court upholds ruling to release suspect in Victoria Martens case
- Jessica Kelley pleads no contest to several charges in Victoria Martens case
- Fabian Gonzales released from jail
- Court documents reveal complications in Victoria Martens murder case
- Judge denies request to include drug histories in Victoria Martens case
- Fabian Gonzales asks judge to release him from jail
- Victoria Martens’ murder site now used as apartment showroom
- Suspect in Victoria Martens case asks for release pending trial
- DA: Investigation into fourth suspect in Victoria Martens case has stalled
- Court officials defend judge’s ruling to release Fabian Gonzales