ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) –A sentencing hearing is scheduled for a former charter school teacher who pleads guilty to two counts of child porn charges. John Wernly used to teach Spanish at the Albuquerque School of Excellence.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Albuquerque man vandalized brewery; tries to escape with meat and cheese
- Don’t Miss: Riders say transit system needs better schedule, more routes as free fares begin
- Education: Some New Mexico schools named National Blue Ribbon School
- National: La Plata County man caught after escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Miercoles 22 de Septiembre 2021
In 2016, a search warrant on his home resulted in the seizure of dozens of pornographic images of children under 13. The charges were dropped in 2016 but were refiled years later. The charges were dropped in 2016 but were refiled years later. Wernly faces up to 22 years in prison.