SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – A second suspect has been arrested in the murder of a young man whose body was found, naked and mutilated in a remote area of Santa Fe County. Ruben Mendez, 19, was found in March in an area known as Camel Tracks outside Santa Fe. Witnesses told the sheriff’s office he had stolen drugs belonging to the cartel.
Story continues below:
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- Web Extra: Behind the story: Colorado’s legal cannabis & the effect on teens
- Trending: Corrales residents say loud music from bar is carrying over to their neighborhood
- Crime: APD arrests suspect in string of armed robberies
- Don’t Miss: State extends indoor mask requirement
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 16 de Septiembre 2021
Wednesday, the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Department announced, Marlio Araica has been arrested for the murder. Investigators say he and another man, Ronnie Trujillo, lured Mendez into a car where Araica stabbed him. Trujillo was arrested last week.