ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A Santa Fe man pleaded guilty in federal court in Albuquerque on Oct. 16 to a charge of possession of stolen firearms.
According to the plea agreement and court records, Derek Padilla, 29, committed the offense in Santa Fe County on or about May 20, 2020. Padilla stole firearms, drug evidence, Meals Ready-to-Eat, and a utility truck, from the Bureau of Indian Affairs located on Nambe Pueblo.
Padilla faces up to 10 years in prison and will remain in custody pending sentencing.
Local Crime News
- Velarde man arrested in connection to Rio Arriba County homicide
- Roswell man arrested in connection to homicide
- Man sought for questioning in Roswell homicide investigation
- VIDEO: Taos County deputy charged with assault and DWI; Tased by own colleagues
- Man charged in Nov. 19 shooting death of 36-year-old woman