NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – A San Miguel County undersheriff is facing charges after a fight outside a dance in February. According to court documents, San Miguel County Undersheriff Michael Padilla admitted that he was intoxicated and shoved Eric Esquibel outside the Serf Theatre in Las Vegas.
Moments later a fight broke out among the people in the area including Padilla and Esquibel’s families. Padilla has been charged with assault and aggravated battery after the incident.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve