LAS VEGAS, N.M. (KRQE) – A Las Vegas man is facing murder charges for the deaths of his girlfriend and her grandfather. San Miguel County deputies say they were conducting a welfare check at a home near 7th and Legion Sunday afternoon when they learned a man inside was live-streaming on Facebook.
During that live stream, deputies say they watched 23-year-old Alejandro Alirez shoot, Cristal Cervantes. From that live stream, it appeared Cervantes’ grandfather was already dead.
Deputies report hearing Alirez say “I killed this guy” and, “I think my girl is about to die, I shot her in the head.” According to a criminal complaint, Alirez fired shots and threw lit fireworks at deputies and State Police officers who were trying to get him out of the home. He was eventually taken into custody.
Local Crime News
- VCSO investigating homicide of 11-year-old boy
- NMSP investigating officer-involved shooting in Valencia County
- Settlement reached in APD academy misconduct case
- Suspect who injured Las Cruces police officer dies in shootout with Mexican police
- NMSP helicopter tracks suspect accused of running from officers