ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Prosecutors are asking the suspect in a deadly road rage shooting to stay locked up until trial. Police arrested Joshua Butler Wednesday after they say he shot and killed Nelson Gallegos in front of his grandson near Central and Rio Grande last month.
Story continues below
- COVID: First COVID, then hair loss?
- KRQE En Español: Martes 25 de Enero 2022
- Trending: Recreational cannabis industry may be off to bumpy start
- National: OSHA officially ends vaccine rule for employers
- Business: Smith’s workers threaten to strike if no deal is reached
A criminal complaint states both men were driving aggressively when Gallegos got out and threw a piece of drywall at Butler’s truck. That’s when, police say, Butler shot and killed Gallegos.
Police used surveillance video to track down Butler’s truck. Butler will remain at MDC until a judge decides on the pre-trial detention motion.