LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – An investigation is underway in a deadly crash involving a vehicle being pursued by a border patrol agent. An agent at the Las Cruces station began following the Ford Expedition suspected of carrying illegal immigrants after it avoided a checkpoint.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Over 100 citations given in latest racing enforcement operation
- Trending: Body found east of Route 66 Casino Saturday night
- Business: New local eatery hopes to bring “fun” vibe to downtown
- New Mexico News: Colfax County Undersheriff passes away
- National: Man charged with hate crime after threatening US Olympic athlete training in California park
At one point, the driver drove the wrong way on state road 185 and crashed, ejecting the occupants. Four were airlifted to a hospital in El Paso, one later died. Six others were taken to the hospital.