CARLSBAD, N.M. (KRQE) – Nearly six years after a Carlsbad man vanished, two people have been charged with his murder. The remains of Brian Runnels were found near the George Shoup Relief Route back in April. He’d been missing since 2014. Court documents show Manuel Sanchez is accused of shooting and killing Runnels in his camper and dumping his body. Brett Roark is also charged for allegedly helping; both men are behind bars.
Latest New Mexico News
- National Insurance Crime Bureau releases top 10 stolen cars list
- Watchdogs push New Mexico to limit US nuclear waste dump
- Watchdog group cites interference at polls in Latino areas
- Gila National Forest warns of continued fire danger, campfire safety
- Santa Fe mayor hits roadblock in removal plan of obelisk honoring Kit Carson