ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – APD and state police have cited more than 100 people in their latest racing enforcement operation. Police air support and undercover officers searched for large groups of vehicles gathering for illegal street racing.
Story Continues Below
- Crime: Repeat speeder arrested after going 140 mph down Montgomery
- Albuquerque: Police search for tips in Albuquerque shooting following Walmart altercation
- Weather: Windy weather continues for some into Wednesday
- New Mexico: Crew member who gave Baldwin gun subject of prior complaint
- Español: KRQE En Español: Martes 26 de Octubre 2021
Officers credit a significant police presence possibly deterring large groups from gathering. They ended up giving out 106 traffic citations, 25 for speeding, made 41 traffic stops, five DWI arrests, and towed six vehicles.
It’s unclear where this operation took place.