ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Albuquerque police homicide detectives are investigating a shooting that happened early Sunday morning at the Valley View Apartments at 3003 Transport St. SE. According to a press release, when officers arrived, they located bullet casings and blood in the area.
Story continues below
- Crime: Thief with a sweet tooth causes a lot of damage to Albuquerque chocolate shop
- Holiday: Why Christmas trees will be more expensive, harder to find this season
- Weather: Weather goes downhill from Tuesday on
- Weird: Woman reportedly caught breastfeeding cat on Delta Airlines flight
- KRQE En Español: Lunes 6 de Diciembre 2021
The Albuquerque Police Department reports that one individual who sustained a gunshot wound was transported to the hospital by civilians but died at the hospital. APD has identified the victim as 18-year-old Lorenzo Romero.
Authorities state that shortly afterward, another victim with a gunshot wound arrived at the hospital and was last known to be in critical condition.
A third individual with a leg injury showed up at the hospital claiming to have been struck by a vehicle while he and multiple vehicles were trying to escape the scene of the incident. Police are now asking anyone with video from the party Sunday morning at 3003 Transport St. to submit it directly to APD.
The department says any video from the party can be helpful.