ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A man was killed and an FBI agent was wounded during a shooting Wednesday morning in northeast Albuqueruqe. According to officials, FBI agents were serving a warrant near Wyoming Blvd. and Northeastern Blvd. around 11 a.m.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Jueves 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
While they were serving the search warrant a shootout occurred. One man was killed, during the incident. Officials say an FBI agent was hit during the shootout but was wearing a bulletproof vest. He’s expected to be okay.
An employee of a nearby business was at work when the shooting happened. “A bunch of guys just got right out of the car yelling, ‘FBI, FBI!,'” said Eli Dodrill, who works near the scene.
The FBI has not released the name of the agents involved or the name of the deceased individual. The FBI has not said if the deceased individual was the target of the search warrant. They have also not said if any other suspects were detained or involved.
The shooting drew the attention of a small group of people who showed up to the scene late Wednesday evening with signs and shouting, calling for the abolishment of police. One person from that group of protestors was detained by police.