ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – New Mexico State Police have made 93 felony arrests including 58 individuals with violent criminal histories since they began their expanded operation in Albuquerque. The state sent more officers to the metro on August 17 to combat the surge in crime.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Man arrested in Santa Rosa murder
- Trending: Former state rep. Sheryl Williams Stapleton indicted on 28 charges
- National: Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
- New Mexico News: Hundreds of Indigenous women and girls remain missing, many in NM
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 21 de Septiembre 2021
The governor’s office says NMSP have also recovered 13 stolen vehicles and six illegal guns and have made 21 DWI arrest and 15 drug seizures. The extra officers are expected to stay in Albuquerque through at least next week.