LAS VEGAS, N.M. (KRQE) – New Mexico State Police are investigating an officer-involved shooting in Las Vegas that left one man dead. NMSP says around 9:40 p.m. Saturday, Las Vegas police were called to a house about a domestic dispute.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: State Rep. Stapleton under investigation for alleged racketeering, money laundering
- Documents: “OK to pay,” the search warrant of Sheryl Williams Stapleton
- Community: KRQE En Español: Miercoles 28 de Julio 2021
- COVID: New Mexico sees rise in COVID numbers, officials say
- Sports: Olympic swimmer angry despite win, says hole in suit prevented world record
While they tried to make contact with the person who called in, they say 30-year-old Jeffrey Scott walked out of a nearby house with and gun and shot at the officers. The two officers shot back and Scott fled the scene. When officers found him, they say he died from an apparent gunshot wound. No officers involved in the incident were hurt.
At this time, the investigation remains active and is being led by the New Mexico State Police Investigations Bureau. No other information has been released.