LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – A Las Cruces man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for attempted coercion and enticement. Ismael Valdez, 38, pled guilty to the charges in August of 2020.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
Police say he met and messaged an undercover officer, posing as a 13-year-old girl on social media. Valdez arranged to meet the child for sex and traveled from his home to a meeting place where he was arrested.