ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A new trial has been scheduled for the man accused of murdering a University of New Mexico baseball player. Darian Bashir is accused of shooting Jackson Weller outside a NobHill bar after Weller got into an altercation with Bashir’s friends.
Story continues below:
- Traffic and Roads: Eastbound Paseo Del Norte closed due to fatal crash
- Crime: Bodycam footage shows arrest in Santa Fe County
- Trending: State fair organizers say event was massive success
- National: Gabby Petito timeline: Remains found in Wyoming fit description of missing 22-year-old
- Don’t Miss: Bernalillo County isn’t mandating COVID vaccinations for employees
His first trial scheduled for last month ended in a mistrial because prosecutors and the defense couldn’t agree on a jury. This time around they are requesting a jury pool of 100 people to make sure they can seat a jury. The trial is set for November 1.