ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A woman accused of destroying people’s property, then putting up a fight with police is now behind bars. APD says Loyola Volpert was wearing a hospital gown Saturday while in a neighborhood near San Pedro and Copper.
Story continues below:
- COVID: New Mexico COVID-19 cases rise, metro area hospitals weigh in
- Entertainment: Social media personality stops in Albuquerque for food challenge
- Education: PED suspends Floyd school board for rejecting COVID-19 guidelines
- Trending: Fire destroys movie set at Albuquerque Studios
- Crime: Catalytic converter thefts nearly triple in a year’s time
- KRQE En Español: Miercoles 4 de Agosto 2021
She reportedly removed the gown, tried breaking into locked vehicles, then started destroying items in people’s front yards. The criminal complaint states that when police got to the scene, she tried running and started throwing items at officers.
Police caught up with her and put her in handcuffs. That’s when she allegedly kicked an officer. Volpert was booked and charged with battery upon a peace officer.