ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A woman accused of destroying people’s property, then putting up a fight with police is now behind bars. APD says Loyola Volpert was wearing a hospital gown Saturday while in a neighborhood near San Pedro and Copper.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque cocktail bar named best new cocktail bar in the United States
- Trending: Liberty Tax Service sues Better Call Saul creators
- New Mexico: Cities with the most expensive homes in New Mexico
- Crime: APD identifies vehicle of interest in homicide investigation
- KRQE En Español: Abren nuevo centro médico en el suroeste de Albuquerque
She reportedly removed the gown, tried breaking into locked vehicles, then started destroying items in people’s front yards. The criminal complaint states that when police got to the scene, she tried running and started throwing items at officers.
Police caught up with her and put her in handcuffs. That’s when she allegedly kicked an officer. Volpert was booked and charged with battery upon a peace officer.