SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – A murder charge against a Santa Fe teen has been dropped over a lack of evidence. Mario Guizar-Anchondo is accused of shooting 17-year-old Ivan Perez to death at a parking lot of an apartment complex in July 2020.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Man arrested in Santa Rosa murder
- Trending: Former state rep. Sheryl Williams Stapleton indicted on 28 charges
- National: Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
- New Mexico News: Hundreds of Indigenous women and girls remain missing, many in NM
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 21 de Septiembre 2021
Perez was a senior at Capital High at the time and was involved in the music program there. Guizar-Anchondo was set to go to trial later this year but court records show the case was dismissed so it can be sent to the investigating agency for further review. It can be refiled if new evidence is discovered.