ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A Crownpoint man was sentenced to a decade behind bars for injuring children during a drive-by shooting. Officials say 27-year-old Eli woody pleaded guilty in federal court Friday to firing a gun during a violent crime in Indian Country and was sentenced to ten years in prison.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
According to a plea agreement and other court documents, Woody was the passenger in a vehicle that pulled up next to a home. Woody fired a shotgun from the vehicle into the home. Woody admitted he knew the home had people in it, including children. Two children were shot and suffered serious injuries.
Upon his release from prison, Woody will be subject to five years of supervised release.