ROSWELL, N.M. (KRQE) – A Roswell man is dead after police say he was shot during a fight. Police were called around midnight on Wednesday to a home on East Ballard near Main south of Roswell.
Officers found 37-year-old Leroy Jaramillo Acosta who had been shot. He was transported to a Lubbock hospital where he died.
Wednesday afternoon, police charged Arturo Duran-Lujan. According to a criminal complaint, the two got into an argument before Duran-Lujan shot Jaramillo. It’s unclear why they were fighting but witnesses say the two didn’t get along.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve