ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A man is facing federal charges after investigators say he started a fire near the Petroglyphs. Park Service officers received reports of the arson near the volcanoes day-use area late Saturday morning and quickly tracked down the suspect, Dominic Thomas.
- Crime: Bernalillo County Sheriff releases video, details in fatal deputy shooting
- New Mexico: NMDOT worker killed on the job along Highway 285
- Sports: Holly Holm to be inducted into International Boxing Hall of Fame
- Weather: Snow, rain, and strong wind starting Wednesday
- KRQE En Español: Miercoles 8 de Diciembre 2021
According to a criminal complaint, Thomas admitted to starting fires nine to ten times because he was mad and bored. Investigators say the fire burned 23 fence posts and about a quarter acre.