ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The man convicted of shooting and killing a University of New Mexico baseball player was sentenced to 3 years in prison for a separate shooting. Darian Bashir killed Jackson Weller in 2019 outside a Nob Hill bar.
Story continues below
- Crime: APD: 2 in custody after standoff at northwest Albuquerque gas station
- Albuquerque: Lawsuit alleges CYFD cover-up over 4-year-old’s death
- KRQE Investigates: “Take down, take down:” An inside look at catching shoplifters
- New Mexico: Socorro animal shelter looking for info after dog left outside of facility
- KRQE En Español: Jueves 26 de Mayo 2022
In February 2022 he was sentenced to life in prison for the crime. Judge Joseph Montano sentenced Bashir to three more years in prison, for a separate shooting 3 months earlier, where bullets came dangerously close to officers. With time served, that adds 14 days to his prison time.