ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A jury has acquitted a man accused of fatally shooting a woman after a break-in. Investigators said in 2017, Morgan Quarles III and another man went to a home to pick up a car and force their way in.
Story continues below:
- Traffic and Roads: Eastbound Paseo Del Norte closed due to fatal crash
- Crime: Bodycam footage shows arrest in Santa Fe County
- Trending: State fair organizers say event was massive success
- National: Gabby Petito timeline: Remains found in Wyoming fit description of missing 22-year-old
- Don’t Miss: Bernalillo County isn’t mandating COVID vaccinations for employees
When Janet Medina refused to hand over the keys, police said Quarles shot Medina in the street and killed her. Quarles was charged with first-degree murder but after an eight-day trial, the jury found him not guilty.