ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A Los Lunas man has pleaded guilty to killing a former marine, just before he was set to go on trial. Francisco Gomez was charged in the 2019 murder of Matthew Gurule on the Belen mesa.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
Investigators say Gurule was shot multiple times and killed after Gomez and his girlfriend tried to rob him. Gurule’s body was later dumped and his car was set on fire. Gomez’s girlfriend Jeannine Willard pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit murder for her role in the killing.