LOS LUNAS, N.M. (KRQE) – A high school coach first accused of exchanging inappropriate texts with a 15-year-old student is now accused of raping her. Los Lunas High School track and basketball coach Johnathan Bindues was arrested over the weekend.
Story continues below:
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- Web Extra: Behind the story: Colorado’s legal cannabis & the effect on teens
- Trending: Corrales residents say loud music from bar is carrying over to their neighborhood
- Crime: APD arrests suspect in string of armed robberies
- Don’t Miss: State extends indoor mask requirement
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 15 de Septiembre 2021
State police started investigating him after a mom reported finding sexually explicit texts, pictures, and videos on her teenage daughter’s phone. Then this week, police say the teen told them she had sex with Bindues at school and at his home. He is now facing charges of raping a minor.