NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Investigators with the Bernalillo County District Attorney’s Office say they have uncovered a multi-state sex trafficking ring. Investigators say 35 -year-old Alfonso Juarez from Texas met a 19-year-old Santa Fe woman on a dating app last year.
They say he kidnapped her at gunpoint, then sold her to 66-year-old Robert Hubert, who then drove her to his South Carolina home. The two men are now facing federal sex trafficking charges. The DA’s Crime Strategies Unit worked with Homeland Security to investigate the case.
- Bryce Santana feels confident as the Lobos head back into Mountain West Conference play
- La Cueva’s Aiden Armenta is glad he chose Lobos football
- Evaporating rain could lead to strong wind gusts Tuesday afternoon
- California aerial production company plants roots in New Mexico
- New Mexico wildfire victim celebrates 100th birthday