ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A Las Cruces man was sentenced to seven years and three months in prison for possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine. According to a news release from the U.S. Dept. of Justice-District of New Mexico, Ramon Gomez, 41, was sentenced on Nov. 4 in federal court after Gomez pleaded guilty on Jan. 30.
In his plea agreement, Gomez admitted to possessing 111.836 grams of methamphetamine on April 17, 2019, that he intended to sell to other individuals. The meth was found in Gomez’s residence during the execution of a search warrant according to the same news release.
Upon release from prison, Gomez will serve five years of supervised release.
Latest Local News
- Bernalillo Co. denies PNM substation in northeast heights
- City of Albuquerque in need of volunteers to map extreme heat
- Owner asked to redo historic home upgrades to meet Huning Highland standards
- ABQ Ride showcases nearly 100-year-old bus to encourage ridership
- AFR puts out two-building fire near San Pedro and Alameda