LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – The man accused of abducting and raping a 14-year-old Las Cruces girl is now in custody. Police arrested Jorge Claro Quezada last Friday, one week after they say he asked the Organ Mountain High School student if she wanted a ride from McDonald’s back to school.
Story continues below:
- Education: UNM launching program that prepares people to work in marijuana industry
- New Mexico News: Texas murder suspect spotted in Chaves County
- Crime: Body found east of Route 66 Casino Saturday night
- Business: M’tucci’s planning to renovate iconic Albuquerque building
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Lunes 27 de Septiembre 2021
The girl accepted and investigators say Claro Quezada assaulted her and let her go. She reported the attack to school officials after it happened. Police tracked down Claro Quezada’s truck and arrested him.