LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – April Nastasi of Las Cruces has been arrested for animal cruelty. The owner of April’s K9-1-1 Academy was arrested Friday.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Jueves 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
Nastasi was reported to authorities by Graciela Rodriguez. Rodriguez had to send her dog Thor to daycare this summer when a tree hit her house. On his first night there, she says Nastasi told him he was in a fight with another dog and was badly injured.
Natasi is accused of not getting the dog treatment for his wounds. Animal Welfare officers for Dona Ana Country say as a result, the dog underwent multiple surgeries. They also discovered Natasi does not have a permit to board animals.