Key witness takes the stand in Davon Lymon trial


Savannah Garcia took the stand Friday afternoon in the Davon Lymon murder trial. She was on the back of the bike when Lymon gunned down Officer Daniel Webster in a Walgreens parking lot in October 2015.

At times in tears, Garcia clearly recounted the night Webster was shot, telling prosecutors and the jury she “instantly sobered up” when it happened. Meanwhile, the defense hammered her drug addiction trying to discredit Garcia’s  testimony. 

“Tigger (Lymon’s nickname) pulled out… from what I seen was a gun and…he, he hurt him,” Garcia said. 

“How did he hurt him?” a prosecutor asked. 

“He shot him in his…he shot him in his face,” Garcia tearfully responded.

Garcia was 17 years old when the shooting happened—and riding on the back of the stolen motorcycle Lymon was on when Webster pulled him over. 

Garcia, who is now 21 years old, told the jury Friday she and Lymon went to about a dozen different houses before the shooting making drug drops. Lymon had promised to get Garcia high. 

Defense attorneys pounded on Garcia’s credibility, asking dozens of questions about her drug use.

Garcia says she’s been addicted to heroin and meth since she was 13. 

“Generally, what was it costing you a day to support your habit?” a prosecutor asked Garcia. 

“I’m pretty sure I have a Maserati on one arm and a frickin’ Benz on the other,” Garcia responded. 

“So, several thousand dollars over the course of the last few years?”

“Yeah,” she responded. 

Garcia also testified that Lymon told her as he stopped his motorcycle that night he was “about to do something he was going to regret.” 

The defense tried to discredit that by again pointing to Garcia being a drug user and high at the time of the shooting. 

Garcia also testified that she feels guilty for failing to help Officer Webster. She ran from the scene with heroin stuffed in her bra. 

The defense ended the day with a bombshell. They asked Garcia if she’d be surprised to learn the friend she claimed introduced her to Lymon the day of the murder was in jail at the time. She answered “no,” then said “yes,” before the judge dismissed the jury for the day. 

The judge ordered Garcia to remain in custody until she finishes testifying. The defense will finish questioning her Monday. 

Related Coverage:

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video

Now Trending on

Video Forecast

Erica's Monday Morning Forecast

Thumbnail for the video titled "Erica's Monday Morning Forecast"
More Weather Video Forecast

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

The Series Ep2: Social Pressure ➞