Justin Hansen, the man convicted of beating an Albuquerque woman with a shovel nearly killing her, is still fighting his sentence.
Hansen is serving the maximum 18 years for attacking Brittani Marcell ten years ago.
Hansen says the sentence is too hard on his family, and asked Judge Cindy Leos to reduce his sentence. He says he should get credit for the year he spent on house arrest before his trial.
Judge Leos denied that request. Hansen’s attorney is now appealing her ruling.
- Video: Justin Hansen prison attack stemmed from his ‘high profile case’
- Judge denies request to reduce Justin Hansen’s sentence
- Prosecutors confirm Justin Hansen is accused of molesting young relative
- Justin Hansen asks judge to reduce sentence for 2008 shovel beating
- Justin Hansen sentenced to 18 years for 2008 shovel beating case