ALAMOGORDO, N.M. (KRQE) – A New Mexico man who shot and killed his ex’s new boyfriend has been convicted of murder. Alamogordo Police were called to a woman’s home back in 2018 saying the man she was seeing, Daniel Martinez, had been shot through a window.
The woman told police her ex, Ignacio Galindo, showed up at her home and was banging on the door. Police say Galindo then removed a panel from the AC and fired one shot. Martinez was hit. It was later learned the two ran into each other and got into a fight the day before. Earlier this week, a jury found Galindo guilty of first-degree murder and then other charges. Galindo is facing life in prison plus 30 years.
Latest Crime News
- New Mexico man faces federal charges for unlawful possession of a firearm
- Santa Fe man pleads guilty to possession of firearms stolen from Bureau of Indian Affairs
- 126 people in Albuquerque charged with federal crimes through Operation Legend
- Las Vegas man shoots, kills himself during standoff with law enforcement
- Albuquerque teen accused in drive-by shooting pleads guilty