ESPAÑOLA, N.M. (KRQE) – A jury has convicted a New Mexico man of first-degree murder in the shooting death of an Española teen. Mark Hice, 25, was found guilty for the death of 18-year-old Cameron Martinez in 2018.
- Trial expected to begin for man charged in fatal 2018 drive-by shooting
- Murder trial comes to standstill after defense attorney admits contact with people with COVID-19
- Man charged in teen’s death wants to be put on house arrest
- Prosecutors: Murder suspect pens apology letter to family
- Prosecutors find evidence against man accused of killing teen in case of mistaken identity
The prosecution said Hice and his friend’s open fired on a car Martinez was in, near the Okhay Ohwingeh Casino in a case of mistaken identity. Hice will be sentenced at a later date. He faces life in prison.