Fabian Gonzales’ trial in the case of Victoria Martens murder has been postponed.
Gonzales’ trial was supposed to begin in less than three weeks on charges of tampering with evidence and child abuse resulting in death.
However, Judge Charles Brown put the trial on hold because prosecutors are appealing his decision to exclude crucial evidence from the trial.
Wednesday, Judge Brown ruled the criminal drug history for Gonzales cannot be used.
Prosecutors argued that lifestyle led to the girl’s murder.
Documents revealed Gonzales had someone out to get him over a gang dispute, and they strangled Victoria.
- Criminal histories won’t be allowed in Fabian Gonzales trial
- Judge denies Jessica Kelley’s plea deal for second time
- Judge rejects plea deal for suspect in Victoria Martens murder case
- Prosecutors in Victoria Martens’ case argue that jury should see lapel video
- DA dismisses 2 child abuse charges against Jessica Kelley