TAOS, N.M. (KRQE) – The man accused of going on a killing spree in northern New Mexico will remain in the state mental hospital a little longer.
Damian Herrera is accused of shooting and killed his mother, stepfather, and brother in Vallecitos in 2017, then killing a man he encountered in Tres Piedras and another in Abiquiu.
Judge Jeff McElroy ordered a review of Herrera’s competency earlier this year. According to court records, the judge has ruled he’s still not competent. The court will reevaluate in 90 days.
- New evidence taken in case of man accused in killing spree
- Arrest video shows scuffle with suspect in shooting spree
- Family, friends ‘heartbroken’ after deadly shooting spree
- Audio: Suspect in killing spree claims stepdad shot mother, brother
- Man accused in shooting rampage indicted on four murder charges