Justin Hansen will not be getting a reduced sentence.
Hansen is serving 18 years for beating Cibola High School student Brittani Marcell with a shovel in 2008.
He asked a judge to reduce the sentence, saying his children are suffering. He also wanted credit for the time he spent on GPS.
Wednesday, Judge Cindy Leos denied that request.
- State Police: Justin Hansen recovering after attack in prison
- Prosecutors confirm Justin Hansen is accused of molesting young relative
- Sheriff’s office investigating new allegations against Justin Hansen
- Justin Hansen asks judge to reduce sentence for 2008 shovel beating
- Justin Hansen sentenced to 18 years for 2008 shovel beating case