ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Investigators took the stand on Friday in the trial of the man charged with killing a University of New Mexico baseball player. Prosecutors say Darian Bashir shot and killed Jackson Weller after he had an altercation with Bashir’s friends in Nob Hill in 2019.
Story continues below
- Vaccines: Locals respond to state requiring booster shots for certain professions
- Crime: Teen suspect wounded following officer-involved shooting in NW Albuquerque
- Weather: Nice weekend, but changes are on the way
- Events: What’s happening around New Mexico December 3 – December 9
- KRQE En Español: KRQE En Español: Jueves 2 de Dicembre 2021
Jurors heard from an Albuquerque Police officer who responded to the shooting. He described a chaotic scene with a lot of bystanders. He says he also found people trying to help Weller after he was shot. “He was not breathing and was not conscious at the time,” Ofc. Jonathan Sanchez said.
The trial was expected to continue through next week.