ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Police have identified the man who was found stabbed near a restaurant in northwest Albuquerque on Wednesday, Nov. 17. The Albuquerque Police Department reports that around 10:08 p.m., a Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office deputy saw a man who appeared to be down and out at the Dion’s restaurant located on Coors near Central.
Story continues below
- Vaccines: Locals respond to state requiring booster shots for certain professions
- Crime: Teen suspect wounded following officer-involved shooting in NW Albuquerque
- Weather: Nice weekend before winter storm arrives next week
- Events: What’s happening around New Mexico December 3 – December 9
- KRQE En Español: KRQE En Español: Jueves 2 de Dicembre 2021
APD states that as the deputy got closer to the individual, he noticed the man had been stabbed and was unresponsive. The deputy called dispatch and APD officers were sent to the scene.
Authorities are now investigating the incident as a homicide. On Tuesday, Nov. 23, APD identified the victim as 31-year-old Marlin Johnson.