LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – Four teens have been charged in the shooting death of a 16-year-old in Las Cruces. Police say around 7 p.m. Wednesday, they were alerted to a gunshot victim near a park who they have identified as 16-year-old Dante Garcia.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
Police say he died at the scene. They tracked a car that fled the area to an address in the east mesa where investigators say they found two guns.
Police are not releasing the names of the suspects but say a 17-year-old boy is charged with murder, a 16-year-old girl is charged with conspiracy to commit murder, and two 13-year-old girls have been charged with tampering with evidence.