NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – A former inmate at the Valencia County Jail is suing the facility after he says he was brutally beaten. The civil rights lawsuit claims that Marvin Silva was beaten by corrections officers who mistook his dentures for contraband.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Albuquerque man vandalized brewery; tries to escape with meat and cheese
- Don’t Miss: Riders say transit system needs better schedule, more routes as free fares begin
- Education: Some New Mexico schools named National Blue Ribbon School
- National: La Plata County man caught after escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Martes 21 de Septiembre 2021
The suit also claims he sustained severe injuries but was denied medical treatment before eventually being released. Neither the Valencia County Adult Detention Center or the jail’s health care contractor commented on the lawsuit.