ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A former priest accused of raping a young girl nearly three decades ago is asking a judge to dismiss his case. The attorney general’s office says 81-year-old Sabine Griego raped the girl at Queen of Heaven church in Albuquerque in the early 90s.
Griego was arrested in 2019. Griego’s attorneys claim prosecution delays and witness credibility is enough to dismiss the case. Arguments are still going on.
- Kirtland AFB to conduct base exercises
- ‘Hocus Pocus’ returns for virtual reunion day before Halloween
- Sheriff’s Sgt. raises questions in Zion’s missing person case of Holly Courtier
- COVID-19 survivor walks out of rehab after being pronounced brain dead
- Santa Fe museum helps National Archives digitize hundreds of US-tribal treaties