NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Former Isleta police officer Leon Martin will serve a four year prison sentence for raping a DWI suspect. Back in June, a jury convicted Martin on two counts of criminal sexual penetration.
- Former Isleta police officer found guilty of raping DWI suspect
- Trial begins for Isleta police officer accused of raping a woman
- AUDIO: Woman calls her dad from jail claiming cop raped her
- Isleta officer’s law enforcement status revoked due to rape charge
- Behind the Story: Police officer charged with rape
- Video: Young DWI suspect says officer raped her
- Police officer accused of raping woman makes first court appearance
- Isleta Police officer accused of raping woman he arrested for DWI
Martin arrested a 21-year-old in 2021 believing she was driving drunk. Prosecutors said he then drove her to a secluded road near the Metropolitan Detention Center and raped her before booking her into jail. Martin claimed it was consensual but the jury disagreed.
Once released, Martin will be on probation for two years. He will have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.