Story Continues Below
- Crime: Albuquerque man can avoid jail time by leading police to woman’s remains
- Albuquerque: Illegal roadside car lot in NW Albuquerque finally cleaned up
- Weather: Staying windy and cooler Wednesday
- New Mexico: Sierra County Sheriff: Hot Springs High School hazing incident was assault
- Español: KRQE En Español: Martes 26 de Octubre 2021
New Mexico State Police say when they tried to pull him over he rammed a police cruiser and took off. He was later spotted further north of Roswell where he ditched his vehicle and fled on foot. After an all-night search, he was found off Eden Valley Road where some ranch hands held him at gunpoint until police could get there.
Lewis is wanted for the murder of a 28-year-old woman named Travae Jackson. She was shot multiple times in her Midland apartment Monday morning, a man with her was shot and wounded.
According to Lewis’ LinkedIn page, he is a gas plant operator in Midland who served in the Air Force from 2012 to 2017. Pictures show him working at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan in 2015. It says he was a senior airman working with the 1,000s of Hands Project that handled hazardous and classified materials for transport. He was stationed at Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska. A motive in the murder has not been released.