ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Four juveniles and one 19-year-old appeared in court on Monday, September 11, to face arraignment on charges for the August shooting that left five-year-old Galilea Samaniego dead. All five teens pleaded not guilty in front of Judge Emeterio Rudolfo.
Investigators say that the teens stole two Kia Souls and then drove by a trailer on Paseo del Canto Drive, shooting guns at the residence. Five-year-old Galilea Samangiego was asleep with her two sisters in a bedroom of the trailer when she was hit in the head by a bullet. Galilea was taken to a hospital, but she ultimately died.
- 5-year-old’s death being investigated after SW Albuquerque shooting callout
- Albuquerque Police Dept. recovers vehicles possibly connected to 5-year-old’s death
- Four Albuquerque teens face charges for drive-by shooting death of 5-year-old
- Third teen arrested for shooting death of 5-year-old in Albuquerque
- Suspects in 5-year-old girl’s shooting death make court appearance
- APD: Fourth teen arrested for drive-by shooting that killed five-year-old girl
- Fifth suspect arrested in shooting death of 5-year-old girl
- Suspects accused in 5-year-old’s drive-by murder going to court
- Five teens arraigned in court for shooting death of 5-year-old girl
The four juveniles charged in the crime are 17-year-old Jose Luis Ramirez, 15-year-old Alan Ramirez (Jose’s younger brother), 15-year-old Alexander Barraza, and 16-year-old Yahir Carballo. All four will remain in custody until their trials.
The adult charged in the crime is 19-year-old Sencheray Renee Hernandez. Like the other teens, Hernandez will be held until trial. Since the 19-year-old is a single mother, her case is being prioritized. All of the suspects are accused of murder and conspiracy, along with other charges.