ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The FBI and the Albuquerque Police Department are looking for a couple who robbed an Albuquerque bank. Investigators say the woman cased the Bank of the West on Juan Tabo and Candelaria Tuesday minutes before the robbery.
Story continues below:
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- Web Extra: Behind the story: Colorado’s legal cannabis & the effect on teens
- Trending: Corrales residents say loud music from bar is carrying over to their neighborhood
- Crime: APD arrests suspect in string of armed robberies
- Don’t Miss: State extends indoor mask requirement
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 15 de Septiembre 2021
The woman allegedly held the door open for the man who then walked up to a teller and demanded money. She is said to have tattoos of wings on her back and is described as Hispanic, in her 20s. The woman wore a green tank top, dark stretch pants, and a red mask. Investigators say the man wore a Las Vegas Raiders baseball cap, a blue long-sleeve shirt, dark pants, white shoes, and a dark mask. Investigators say he is described as 5 feet 8 inches tall.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the FBI at 505-889-1300, or Albuquerque Metro Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 505-843-STOP. Tips can also be submitted online at tips.fbi.gov.